Do you want your Instagram account to look like a real professional, engaging and full of fun? Hands on!! Because today I am going to focus on a very specific way to create great engagement: Your Instagram Stories. Instagram stories are the best ways to build a relationship with your audience. No doubt, your audience love to see your best gram pictures but sometimes they also prefer to look at “behind the scene”, I mean to say “the real you”. Most of us are seem to be struggling with that because we are not sure How to make Instagram stories that don’t freak my followers out. Well, here we go. I am going to be very strategic and structured with this post as I am going to write about the top 5 Instagram stories strategies to Blow up your engagement in 2019.
You may also enjoy:
Instagram Stories Strategies: 2019 Edition
1# The Bottom Bar:
We often ignore the option that we see in the bottom bar. Hell, there are a lot of options, right? Lately, I realized that Instagram keeps on adding new options to that bar but I always stick with my cliche Instagram stories. Damn…stupid me!!! so before it gets too boring, let’s rock n roll over some amazing story making tools.
Listing down the bottom bar options:
- Type: Type is an option that I mostly use before a big announcement. For example, I am publishing a new Blog post on “Blah Blah Blah” and aware my audience what I am up to. The reason why I do this because it builds a bridge between my contents and my audience. Imagine, From nowhere, if you put an Instagram story announcing your recent Blog or Vlog and you get very little actions. It is heartbreaking, right? So, always try to utilize this simple tool to create a great engagement. And yeah, don’t forget to put a “Tap here” sticker so that your followers can see your next story with the big announcement.
- Live: This is definitely a weak link for most of us including me. But I gained some confidence when I jumped into my first Live story. It is definitely one of the greatest engagement increasing tools. Your followers will be directly connected to you, they will to know about your personality and you gotta answer it within a few seconds. No faking, just the real you. And trust me, that’s exactly what your followers want. So, if you are still pulling yourself back from a Live Instagram story, go for it!! Believe me, it is damn worthy and super fun.
- Normal: This option goes with you from sunrise to sunset. Isn’t it? you can just click your day to day photos and upload it on your Instagram stories. It’s less time consuming and you can also add some funky look like @audriestorme does. She is a damn creative woman who can create magic all over her Instagram.
- Boomerang: This is super fun. I am sure most of you are a big fan of Boomerang like I am. Still stories look little monochrome sometimes and Boomerang is the savior of that. You can actually play with it very creatively. Try a big jump sometimes, sliding into a pool, maybe throwing some flowers towards the sky. Go crazy with Boomerang as much as you can.
- Superzoom: Most of the time I prefer it doing with my mailboxes. You can also use it on your pet, food… something that you want to highlight.
- Focus: This option gives you full freedom to bring up just one object. Yes, it focuses a single object and blur the background. Sounds like a damn expensive camera? Give it a go! 🙂
- Rewind: Another super fun option is “Rewind” that can reverse your video and it looks pretty fun to watch. Especially when you are on a journey, “Rewind” just shows it’s magic”.
- Hands-Free: You can still shoot an Instagram story video without tapping on the shoot button. Yes, ” Hands-Free” is the flexible option that allows you to shoot super smoothly just like your normal camera.
2# Beauty mode:
Have you ever tapped on that Emoji icon and tried all of them? It is so fun to do it. I was never really a big fan of it earlier, but now Instagram has added some amazing input and it actually looks very creative. You can also create some amazing videos with some magical filters. And always remember the Instagram Mantra: “The more you go creative, the more you will grow your engagement.”
Now we are gonna talk about the real gems. Ever since Instagram has introduced some amazing sticker options, I am not able to stop it. Stickers are the ways to communicate with your followers and make them feel that you are watching them too. Go crazy with the “polls”, “Question/answer”, “love it or not”. These options give you an opportunity to know your followers and also make them fall in love with “the real you”. It’s up to you how well you can manage to get their attention. Not necessary that your followers should always ask you a question, make a reverse situation….what about if you ask them a question and they share your expertise, experience with you!! Sounds pretty engaging, isn’t it?
With my 2 years of Instagram experience and research, I have found out few Instagram stories questions that you can use to engage with you IG family:
- One lesson you learned today.
- What is your dream vacation?
- Who inspired you this week and why?
- Describe your partner in one word: Show up lovebirds.
- What if there was a _____, that could _____?
- If you are given a time machine, where do you want to go back?
- Which Disney character you want to be?
- A song that makes you want to fall in love.
- What do you do to make yourself happy when you feel low?
- Share something that you are proud of today.
Looks like some good question to know your followers, right?
Apart from these amazing options, don’t underestimate the power of “hashtags”, “Location”, “Timing”, “GIF” or maybe the “Countdown”. These are some lively elements to make your Instagram stories real beautiful.
Recently I jumped into an Instagram profile of Barnali Majumdar (@the_girl_named_barnali). She is hiking up her engagement with some pretty Instagram templates, polls all over her stories. If you need an example, you should definitely go and look at her gram.
Hey loves, Guess what?? I have a surprise 🙂
A surprise Freebie that includes Free Instastory Template for 7 Days. Download, sit back and enjoy the engagement!!
4# Add up a Link:
No doubt that the “Swipe up” feature is the most engaging feature to boost your business. Whenever you are up with some new Blog, new YouTube videos, or you may want to promote something that you like… “Swipe up” option allows you to do it on your Instagram stories, where your followers will be led to the contents that you promote.
@thefashionsessions does it the best. Seriously, she has great creativity on creating gorgeous swipe up stories.
Agree that the “Swipe up” option is accessible only if you have 10k Instagram followers. But till then, you can add the link on your bio and announce it on your Instagram stories. 🙂
5# Design your Instagram Stories:
Tired of some old monochrome Instagram stories? Let me introduce you to some amazing app that creates beautiful stories your followers will love. These apps allow you to use watercolors, some polaroid frames, amazing graphics, glitter all these fancy stuff.
Try out these amazing apps to add up a flavor on your Instagram stories:
- Story maker
- Story lab
With perfect dimensions, these apps will create some amazing looking stories for you.
Stucking at some pleasing Instagram graphics? @getfoundstock is the treasure of it. Click on the image below and spice up your Instagram feed with some perfect-looking stock photos.
So, these are my top 5 strategies to grow engagement with your Instagram stories. Wait for a second, if you think why should you travel extra mile for just an Instagram story, let me tell you one thing. You are afraid to upload a plain picture on your feed as you know it will drop down your engagement. Same goes with Instagram stories, the more you go creative, the more you get views, the more you get followers, the more you will attract brands and the more you will grow your income. That is all you want as an influencer, right? 🙂
From now, no lazy-bazy head towards Instagram stories and promise yourself that you will try every dimension to blow up your engagement.